Wednesday 22 July 2020

Epidural - Péridurale

I met with an anaesthetist yesterday to discuss options for the hysteroscopy next week. When I gave birth to Evan I needed a procedure afterwards under general anaesthetic and there were problems putting the tube in my throat. He therefore decided I will have an epidural instead.

He was surprised that as I have a child that I haven't had an epidural before. He even asked if they didn't exist in England. I had to explain it's just a difference in attitude towards them. It's more a last resort when all else fails whereas here it's standard procedure.

Not really sure how I feel. I don't like the idea of being awake, but given the complications I've had I was apprehensive about being knocked out too...


J'ai rencontré un anesthésiste hier pour en discuter de mes options pour la hystéroscopie la semaine prochaine. Quand j'ai accouché avec Evan j'ai eu besoin d'une intervention sous anesthésie générale après et ils ont eu du mal à mettre le tube dans ma gorge. Il a décidé alors qu'au lieu j'aurai une péridurale.

Il était surpris que j'en ai pas eu avant vu que j'ai un enfant. Il a même demandé si ça n'existait pas en Angleterre. J'ai du expliquer que c'est juste une différence d'attitude. C'est plutôt une dernière option quand tous les autres n'ont pas marché contrairement à ici où c'est l'option du choix.

Je ne sais pas comment je me sens. Je n'aime pas l'idée d'être réveillée, mais vu les complications j'ai vécu j'étais nerveuse d'être assommée aussi...

No comments:

Post a Comment